Saturday

Always There

Even after all I've done, all I am, and everything I am not, A God so merciful, so beautiful, and caring looks me directly in the eyes and says "I love you, Son. I'll always take you back." Not only does He do this once, but rather always. In my darkest hour, He's there, even when I say He is not, His grip on my hand stands firm. Can I even express how much God loves? Can I even begin to return all His affections? Are not my words void compared to His?
Listen to Take me as I am by FM Static, Take You Back by Jeremy camp, and Tears of the Saints by Leeland. The songs themselves express words that I cannot even begin to explain about how great is my God.
I am a wise fool. I am a sinner that is rotten to the core. In fact, I can guarantee that everything I tell you about myself is vain. Now, I can also tell you who God has made me. God was my shield through all pain, even when I failed to realize that He was there. God is the only thing that's worth saying out of these lips. God was the one that took me out of a life that was surely destined for Hell. But perhaps the story behind the change between who I am now and who I was is one that shall not touch your ears just yet. Though, you can surely ask me to, and perhaps I will tell.
I am more of a fool than I am wise. In fact, my wisdom has a constant fight with my foolishness. A fight I must bear from day to day. It is not easy whatsoever. Yet, I know that God gives us no burden too heavy to carry. God in fact knows what I desire most. A true family and a true friend. That's it. I want nothing else, for anything else is void. Yet if the Word says "Delight yourself in the Lord, and the Lord will grant you the desires of your heart" Ps. 37:4, I surely realize that delighting myself in His presence is the only way.
But I fail. No, that's an understatement: I fail miserably. 
Tears were nothing capable of expressing how indescribable God is to me. A God that loves me intimately and sings me lullabies when my torments are great. My God, my God, my awesome and wonderful God.  How is it that God can take my filthy hands and lead me? When did I even begin to deserve all these wonders of His? 
You're never too worthless for Jesus to accept you with open arms. You will never be looked differently for failing by God. You will never be failed. You will always be loved. For God is love, and all love leads back to God, and without God there is no love. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment