Thursday

Dusting Off The Bookshelf: Radical by David Platt

"Do you believe that Jesus is worth abandoning everything for? Do you believe him enough to obey him and to follow him wherever he leads, even when the crowds in our culture--maybe even our churches--turn the other way?"

I believe that books are a means of telling stories or showing points with amazing imagery and emphasis, that would otherwise be lost to common knowledge. Every time that you pick up a book, you must consider and keep in mind that this book has the potential to change how you see things around you. But you must be aware that the only book that has the right and therefore the authority to change us inside out is the Holy Bible of Jesus Christ.

With this in mind, I began a search for a book that could not only strengthen my spiritual views, but that wouldn't make me feel like I was reading the Declaration of Independence while at it (I tend to be picky about my books; mighty good habit). After reading a couple of book descriptions about books here and there, I kept stumbling upon this book: Radical by David Platt. Though I have not yet began to read this book, I encourage you to read it with me or if you have read it, please feel free to share your view on this book. Here's an excerpt from the description of the book, along with an amazing trailer video. It's a book that you can only dare to put down.

 In Radical, David Platt invites you to encounter what Jesus actually said about being his disciple, and then obey what you have heard. He challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated a God-centered gospel to fit our human-centered preferences. With passionate storytelling and convicting biblical analysis, Platt calls into question a host of comfortable notions that are common among Christ's followers today. Then he proposes a radical response: live the gospel in ways that are true, filled with promise, and ultimately world changing.



Radical by David Platt from Taylor Robinson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment